Happy New Year everyone! Hope your year is great so far!
Today I have for you some easy nail art combining gradient, chevron, and studs!
The above was simple enough, but a little time consuming waiting for each coat to dry.
Here's how you can accomplish this look:
- Start with your base polish on all fingers. Usually a lighter color is best for gradients. I used China Glaze Refresh mint.
- Once dry, do the gradient on selected fingers. Pick polishes a few shades darker, but still in the same color family. I like to use a makeup sponge for my gradients. I paint each color in a horizontal stripe on a piece of foil. Then I take my sponge, dip it in the polish and sponge it on my nail. You will have to do this 3-4 times in order to get the right coverage. Apply top coat once done.
- While waiting on the top coat to dry, go ahead and apply your glitter or studs. I used both! The glitter on my pinkie is Sephora by OPI Only Gold for Me.
- Once your gradient is dry, take two pieces of striping tape to form a V shape with the top pointing toward your cuticle.
- Paint the outer edges white.
- Finish with top coat!